- Identify a turkey’s head and beard before aiming.
- Never shoot at sound or movement. Assume it is another hunter until you can clearly see a turkey’s head or beard.
- Wear hunter orange when walking through the woods.
- Use hunter orange to identify your hunting location.
- Wrap a bagged turkey or decoy in hunter orange when transporting it.
- Dress defensively. Never wear red, white, blue or black while hunting turkey.
- Know the effective range of your gun.
- Be sure of your target and what lies beyond.
If you happen to be involved in a firearms-related hunting accident, the law mandates that you identify yourself and render assistance. Failure to do so results in a Class A misdemeanor.
These tips were found on mdconline.
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another party you need help. Our Toledo, Ohio wrongful death lawyers are here to help you through every part of your case. They are experienced in handling all kinds of wrongful deaths and many other lawsuits.
Posted February 28th 2012 to Hunting accidents,Wrongful Death
Comments(0) | Permalink | Trackback | Print This Post | Email This Post