- Ohio Wrongful Death Blog | Toledo Wrongful Death Lawyers - http://www.ohiowrongfuldeathblog.com -
Questions raised in Ohio fatal shooting of Linda Hicks
Posted By Anneke On February 12, 2010 @ 11:27 pm In Murders & Other crimes | No Comments
Our Toledo, Ohio fatal shooting attorneys want the public and the media to question whether or not the investigation of the Linda Hicks fatal shooting is impartial. Some of the unanswered questions regarding that case are:
1. Why didn’t the responding officers simply close the door to Ms. Hick s’ room? This would have prevented her from charging them with scissors, which is the stated reason for shooting her.
2. Why did the officers use a Taser gun on an elderly woman with a pacemaker, and did the use of the Taser escalate the situation?
3. Why didn’t the officers secure Ms. Hicks’ room and wait for people better equipped to handle the situation in a way that minimized the chances for Ms. Hicks or the officers to be injured?
4. Did the officers act in a reckless or negligent way given the facts known to them before they responded to the situation?
The Toledo Police plan to submit the shooting to the Firearm Review Board to determine if the officers’ actions were justified. This is an internal process where the police essentially investigate themselves. Ms. Hicks’ family members call on Toledo Mayor Mike Bell and the Toledo Police Department to release all of the documents related to her shooting so the public can determine whether the police acted appropriately. We make no allegation of fault at this time, but in the interest of full disclosure, the public has a right to know all of the facts.
If you have lost a loved one due to tragic circumstances, contact our Ohio fatal accident lawyers  at 800.637.8170 for your free copy of The Ohio Wrongful Death Book.
Article printed from Ohio Wrongful Death Blog | Toledo Wrongful Death Lawyers: http://www.ohiowrongfuldeathblog.com
URL to article: http://www.ohiowrongfuldeathblog.com/questions-raised-in-ohio-fatal-shooting-of-linda-hicks
URLs in this post:
 to Ms. Hick: http://
 Ohio fatal accident lawyers: http://www.ohiowrongfuldeathbook.com/
Copyright © 2008 ohiowrongfuldeathblog.com. All rights reserved.