Darvocet was an analgesic medication that was used to relieve pain. It was commonly prescribed as part of treatment regimin to manage powerful conditions such as arthritis for example. Darvocet is no longer on the market due to its powerful effects on the heart. It was banned in 2010 by the FDA.
1. Darvocet is a combination of propoyxphene and acetaminophen.
2. Propoxyphene is about half to two-thirds as potent as codeine, but it can still be habit-forming.
3. Darvocet is supplied in various formations.
4. Since Darvocet contains acetaminophen, you must be careful about taking over-the-counter medications that also contain acetaminophen.
5. Alcohol should be avoided when taking Darvocet.
6. Darvocet can interact with other drugs causing serious sedation.
7. If you have any of the following pre-existing conditions, you should discuss taking Darvocet with your doctor. You may require a dose adjustment or more careful monitoring.
8. Little information is known about the drug’s effects on a fetus.
9. If you experience any serious side effects while taking Darvocet, stop taking the drug and see emergency medical help.
10. There are common side effects associated with Darvocet that are less severe.
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another party you need help. Our Toledo, Ohio wrongful death lawyers are here to help you through every part of your case. They are experienced in handling all kinds of wrongful deaths and many other lawsuits.